Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sister hazel - This kind of love





For most of my life, I’ve never really believed in love. Love of a child, love of family and friends, sure - but not the romantic type.  Until the last couple of years, I don’t think my heart had ever really been broken.  Something changed that. SomeONE changed all of it.  I’d love to say that all she did was wink, but it was so much more - beginning with convincing me that I COULD love, that it’s a beautiful thing.  And even if it didn’t work out, it would be worth it.  And she was right.  She was SO right. And yes, when we’re at the Senior Citizen’s Center and she asks me to hop on her lap in her wheelchair for that ride around the bingo room, I’ve a feeling that it’s that *wink* of hers that will get me - because it always does. 
Someday, I’m going to get married.  I’ve dreamed of it - but I’ve always known that the woman I marry will have to be strong.  Strong enough to handle my worst (ai..), strong enough to keep me.  And I’m not easy to keep.  She would have to be able to hold it DOWN, like no one ever has, in my life.  And I’ve known that, if I met someone who could handle the best and the worst of me - and love me because of/despite all my quirks and oddities, she would be my one.  She would have my heart, soul, mind and body.  
I’ve found her.  She just needs to gain the strength and endurance to be with sweet lil’ me. ;)  
Here is my first-dance wedding song.  Now we just have to figure out how to get her to get the garter and get out from under the dress, before her relatives (and mine) start to wonder why she’s taking so long. ^_^ (Her words, not mine)
Sweet dreams, teddyBear. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment