Sunday, April 13, 2014

Alanis Morissette - That I Would Be Good (Live)





Somewhere in the 90’s, for a couple of years, I couldn’t cry.  I couldn’t feel anything, like someone had flipped a switch on me, cutting me off from my emotions.  But when I heard this song - it was so sad, but still hopeful - a wave of sadness and joy welled up in me, nearly knocking me over in surprise.  When the flute came in at the end, I cried for the first time in I-didn’t-know-how-long.  I didn’t know why, I didn’t care.  I just knew I could feel again, that I was ready to face my sometimes-overwhelming emotion. And I felt alive, like I hadn’t in so long.

And until my body learned how to let it all out again, she did it for me.  
But that first day - It was one of the most beautiful moments I’ve ever experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment